Following on from my 4 part 2019 review, below are my pledges and goals for the coming year. I intend to do a monthly review of these goals as a way of holding myself on accountable as the year progresses. I hope you enjoy!
MY 2020 PLEDGES
By the end of 2020 my wife and I will have begun trying for a second child (or be pregnant with the second (and last!) on the way).
With regards to work I will be “command ready” having worked to further my operation and confidence to its highest ever level. I will have attended a performance based course to help in this regard. I will have taken an extended period of 3 months off work from May till July.
Health wise, I will be far more consistent with regards to my exercise and healthy living habits, sticking to my morning and evening routines that incorporates yoga and/or some other form of physical exercise. I will have completed one alcohol free week every month plus one alcohol free month during the year. My eating habits will much improved following a ‘slow carb diet’ 5 days a week. I’ll also have found a new activity based hobby that I enjoy outside of the home. As a result I’ll be as fit as ever having achieved my desired body fat percentage of 14%. My back injury will have completely healed.
My mental health will be vastly improved due to a more consistent practice of meditation, reading and writing that I’ll have better incorporated into both my morning and evening routines. I will have attended at least one silent retreat and a transcendental course to further my practise. I will have opened up to my parents about my previous difficulties and become much closer to them as a result. I will talk to my wife every single night when at home before bed.
In my spare time I will continue to write everyday. My first goal will be to write and publish a children’s book for wiggles. I will also start a new blog that explores the question of how to live a healthier and happier life at home and at work, as well as being a better father, husband and all round human being. I will have taken the time to volunteer and start annual donations to two new charities.
At home I will be far more environmentally conscious having done a large amount of research into how I can live more sustainably. This will act as a model for Wiggles as he grows up.
Financially we’ll be in very good shape having organised a better tracking/savings system as we look to the future. We will have made a significant investment into my brother’s hedge fund and also a third property. I will have also invested in renewable technologies and/or an environmental project aimed at helping save the planet. Insurance wise we will have reviewed and updated all our policies and plans as necessary and have set up a will.
MY 2020 GOALS
- Meditate 365 days/year
- Attend a silent retreat
- Complete a course in transcendental meditation
- 5 x Exercise days/week
- 4 x Alcohol free days/week
- 1 x Alcohol free week/month
- 1 x Alcohol free month/year
- 5 x low carb/high protein days/week (during intermittent fasting window 12 till 8)
- 4 x long fast/year (24hr-76hr)
- 14% body-fat goal
- Stretch/Yoga daily
- Perform LASIK
- Heal back injury
- Find new activity based hobby to commit weekly
- Oxfam Trail Walker 2020?
- Be ‘Command Ready’ by 2021
- Complete Performance course through work
- Logbook journal after every flight – write 1 thing I did well and 1 thing I could do better
- Take an extended period off work (3 months following LASIK? – May – July)
- Publish first children’s book
- Start new blog (with a particular focus on health this year)
- Post 1 new article/week
- Write daily (As a minimum in my 5MJ)
- Read 2 books/month
- Read daily
- Set Liam goals to help his achieve throughout the year
- Date night x 1/week
- Talk to my wife every night when at home
- Open up to Mum and Dad
- Environmental research/piece on blog about how to live more sustainably/responsibly at home for the family to centre around
- Set goals and make changes based on this research
- Skiing Japan Trip (February)
- April/May getaway with Holly
- Silent retreat (May in Bhutan?)
- UK Trip (June)
- Croatia and Serbia – Villa plus Ogi and Mia wedding (September/October)
- UK (Christmas)
- File/pay UK Taxes
- File/pay HK Taxes
- Research new mortgage for London apartment
- Invest in my brother’s fund
- Invest in third property
- Sort better tracking/savings system with longer term goals in mind
- Write a will
- Set up loss of income insurance through Union
- Set up annual donation to 2 x new charities
- Volunteer locally